Monday 3 September 2007

Man, I feel like a journo.

Last night I conducted my first interview as a wannabe journo - and boy did it feel great. My interviewees were Dave and Sarah from extremely promising, up-and-coming band The Magic. It was a great way to ease myself into the practice, as I've know the pair for about 5 years since we were at school together and I've been a fan of the band since they formed shortly as we all went our separate ways after finishing our A-levels. They're good interviewees and were only too happy to talk at length about being in a band, writing and recording their demo material and gigging around London and in uni venues all over the country.

The band themselves began with a funky, keyboardy sound but have recently developed more of a guitar-driven indie direction. Check their MySpace here, and don't forget to listen to their new tracks while you're at it.

Once the interview finds a home on the net I'll update with a link.





1 comment:

William Nichols said...

looking forward to the interview. when it's done make sure you post it on here too.